L. C. F. P. A
Lancaster County Fire Police Association
7 p.m. General Membership Meeting Will Be Held At:
East Petersburg Fire Co. | Station 23 | August, 20, 2018
SCTF Region 8 Fire Police Meeting | July 21, 2018 In York County
This site is for informational purposes only and may not be reproduced without prior authorization.
Lieutenant Greg Leaman
The Lancaster County Fire Police Task Force Executive Board is a five-member committee of volunteers, organized to establish a county-wide volunteer Fire Police Task Force to assist with crowd control, traffic control and security.
The Task Force shall work as one unit in assisting all local emergency responders at major emergency incidents throughout Lancaster County, whenever needed. The Task Force shall also work in this capacity whenever requested by agencies in adjoining counties as well.
The role of this Task Force is to work with the local Incident Commander on major emergency incidents in both an advisory capacity as well as providing additional support with volunteer Fire Police Officers from throughout Lancaster County.
STANDARD OPERATING GUIDLINES
The purpose of these standard operating guidelines (SOG’s) is to establish policy procedures and rules for all volunteer special fire police officers of the Lancaster County Fire Police Task Force in the County of Lancaster, Commonewealth Of Pennsylvania.
Click on the center SOG book to download the document in Adobe PDF Format.
The Task Force will respond to the following types of calls which would last at least 3 hours in length or longer.
• Motor Vehicle Crashes involving a fatality or some type of blocking where the roadway will be closed for 3 hours•Aor longer.
• Major Dwelling, Commercial Building and Bulk Storage Facility fires involving Tanker Shuttles and fill sites.
• Hazardous Materials Incident that effects a large area that would require an evacuation.
• Assisting the police department which would consist of Hostage Situations and Stand-offs. This would also include incidents at schools as well
as search details.
• A Large Aircraft Crash
• A Train Derailment
• A Large Power Outage where multiple traffic lights are out for an extended period of time.
• Provide Security and Traffic Control for Large Agricultural Incidents that could last for an extended period of time.
• Provide Security and Traffic Control for Large Medical Events (where the public is coming for inoculations)
• Provide Security and Traffic Control for Major Flooding Events that could last for several days.
The Task Force is also working with the E.A.S.T. Team which is the Emergency Agency Support Team assisting them at Funerals for Emergency Services Personnel.
TASK FORCE RESPONSE
LANCASTER COUNTY FIRE POLICE TASK FORCE